Ile Aux Aigrettes, Blue Bay Marine Park, Mahebourg -Private Tour
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Duration||8 hrs 30 mins|
|Activity Time||08:00 - 16:30|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||On Sunday Ile aux Aigrettes closes at 12:00|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Ile Aux Aigrettes, Blue Bay Marine Park, Mahebourg - Private Tour
Enjoy a Private Full day Tour to the beautiful South East area of Mauritius.
As part of this full day Private Tour you will visit: Ile Aux Aigrettes Island, Mahebourg city, Blue Bay beach, and you will get travel by Glass Bottom Boat to explore Blue Bay Marine Park.
As part of this day package you will visit and enjoy
- Glass Bottom Boat trip to Blue Bay Marine Park including snorkeling
- Visit of the Ile Aux Aigrettes Island
- Visit of the Mahebourg city
- Visit of the Blue Bay beach
Included in the price of this special day package are
- All trips and excursions charges
- All entry fees
- Full transportation to all the sights
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
All along, you will travel in maximum convenience in an air-conditioned family car / minivan (for bigger groups), with an experienced driver/guide to show you around.
Information about each Sight and Excursion
Glass Bottom Boat trip to Blue Bay. The Blue Bay Marine Park, situated on the South East coast of Mauritius near Mahebourg, is one of the best places to see the beautiful marine life and to go for snorkeling in Mauritius. At the Marine Park, you can decide to see the underwater world onboard the boat through its glass bottom, or to jump into the water for some swimming and snorkeling.
The Snorkeling at the park is highly recommended as the colorful fauna and flora found at the park is absolutely stunning. At an average depth of 5.5 meters, with crystal clear water offering great visibility, the snorkeling conditions are ideal. You will have a great view of the reef, fish and of large selection of corals (there are more than 50 different species of corals at the park!).
Blue Bay Marine Park is home to mangroves, algae, sea grasses, corals, and other marine organisms. There is also a wide variety of fish species that include Damselfish, Surgeonfish, Butterfly fish, juvenile Sailfin tangs, as well as tiny Pipefish and large Trumpet fish. All these make the glass bottom boat trip at the Marine Park a wondrous experience.
After the Glass bottom boat trip, you will have some free time to enjoy lunch at the Belle Creole Restaurant for an additional cost, or at Mahebourg city (optional).
Below you can have more information about the Glass Bottom boat trip:
This 1:15 hours glass bottom boat trip departs every day directly from the Blue Bay public beach, offering very easy and quick access to the Blue Bay Marine Park. The boat trip takes less than 5 minutes each way, offering you maximum time to enjoy at the Blue Bay Marine Park.
Once at the Blue Bay Marine Park, you can choose to stay on-board the glass bottom boat, or to enjoy some swimming and snorkeling. Since this trip departs directly from the Blue Bay beach you are sure to save precious time on travelling by boat, making it the ideal option for families with young children or for those with very little time to spare.
Departure point: From Blue Bay
Duration: 1:15 hours
Activity Time: Flexible; between 8.30am and 4.00pm
- The Glass Bottom Boat trip from Blue Bay departs every day between 8.30am and 4.00pm, with the last boat departing at 3.00pm.
- The experience and snorkeling time for both trips is the same.
- Snorkeling Gear is available on the boat
Visit of the Ile Aux Aigrettes Island – The Ile aux Aigrettes tour includes a short boat trip to the island (about 10 minutes each way) and a 1.5 hours tour of the animal sanctuary of Ile aux Aigrettes Island.
Ile aux Aigrettes is a tiny coral island (25 hectares) just off the coast of the town of Mahebourg. The island has been declared a nature conservation site and today is being preserved by the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation.
The tour on Ile aux Aigrettes takes about one and half hours with an additional 10 minutes each way for the boat trip. As part of this tour you will discover Ile aux Aigrettes and enjoy original Mauritian nature with an expert guide alongside leading the way. You will discover plants and animals, unique to Mauritius and found nowhere else in the world. Some of them have come close to extinction like the pink pigeon, a bird that was in danger of extinction for many years.
You will also visit the indigenous plant nursery. There you should look out for the rare pink pigeon, the Mauritius Kestrel, endangered skinks and of course and the giant tortoises. When visiting Ile aux Aigrettes you will get to see breath-taking scenery of the South East of Mauritius, and will be given a glimpse of the early history of Mauritius. You will also get to see beautiful trees with strange names like Ox wood, Pipe wood, Rat wood and Bottle palm. There is also the chance to see a rare orchid in full bloom.
At the end of the tour, you will get to purchase souvenirs at the gift shop at the Visitors’ Centre. All revenues from the tour and from the gift shop are reinvested in the restoration and preservations of Ile aux Aigrettes. Following the tour to Ile aux Aigrettes, you will travel by motor boat back to Pointe Jerome.
Visit to Mahebourg city - Mahebourg is named after Bertrand François Mahé de La Bourdonnais, who was one of the most successful governors of the French period. The well-planned wide streets in the old section of Mahébourg still bear testimony to the Dutch and French colonial past.
In Mahebourg you will have free time to visit the Historical Naval Museum, travel the city streets and enjoy shopping at the city center.
Blue Bay Beach - Blue Bay Beach located near the town of Mahebourg. One of the most striking features of the blue bay beach is its crystal clear waters with the light tinge of blue that gives it a feeling of glow and purity. The beach has very soft powder like sand and is a great place where you can sunbathe lying down. The studies have identified more than 50 different types of corals and many different types of marine life in the waters of the Blue bay Beach.
The beach is also a very well maintained and peaceful place. There are plenty of food outlets where you get food like burgers, fries, sandwiches etc. many local shops are also located where you can buy artifacts and collect souvenirs.
As part of this tour, we offer you to enjoy a delicious lunch and a unique dining experience at the beautiful La Belle Creole Restaurant. Ideally located on the beachfront, you will come across a charming Mediterranean-style deck, which proposes delicious dishes prepared with much skill by the chef to offer you a relaxed dining experience with beautiful scenery. La Belle Creole Restaurant is inspired by local Mauritian touches and using the freshest quality products.
You can choose a 3- course set menu from the selection detailed here below:
- Starter: Belle Creole Salad
- Main: Deer Salmi served with rice
- Dessert: Fresh pineapple slices
- Starter: Octopus Salad
- Main: “Grand-Mere” curry (Fish fillet curry with eggplant) served with rice
- Dessert: Chocolate Fondant
- Starter: Prawn Cocktail
- Main: Octopus curry served with rice
- Dessert: Nougat
Price for the lunch menu is: 35 Euro
Additional information regarding this day tour package
- The private tour is done in a private car / minivan (for bigger groups) and includes full transportation to all the sights, pick up and drop off from any hotel in Mauritius and a driver to show you around.
- On Sunday Ile aux Aigrettes closes at 12:00
Excursions & Entry Tickets Packages
When ordering this day package you benefit special discounted package price on these trips and excursions.
Included in the price: visit of the Ile Aux Aigrettes Island, Glass Bottomn to the Blue Bay Marine Park, Visit of the Mahebourg city and visit to the Blue Bay Beach.
The special discounted price for this package:
- Price per Adult: 39 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 3-12): 29 Euro
The Transportation prices are per vehicle (and not per person). You can choose the vehicle type according to the number of passengers in your group.
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people): 85 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people): 95 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 10 people): 120 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minibus (up to 22 people): 170 Euro
The transportation charges are per vehicle (and not per person) referring to the number of passengers applicable for each vehicle type.
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Total Tour Price Per Person
|Number of Participants||Total Price||Price Per Person|
|2 Adults||163 Euro||82 Euro|
|4 Adults||241 Euro||60 Euro|
|6 Adults||329 Euro||55 Euro|
|12 Adults||588 Euro||49 Euro|
|2 Adults + 2 Children||221 Euro||55 Euro|
* The total tour price includes: Private Transportation and Entry Tickets to all the sights