Exclusive Whale Watching - 3 Hours
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||10:00 - 13:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Direct pick-up/drop off by boat from hotels situated at the South West coast (for supplement)|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
A unique Exclusive 3 hours experience of watching whales in their natural surroundings!
Enjoy a unique Exclusive and Private speed boat trip of whale watching activity.
Treat yourself and your friends / family / partners to a private whale watching adventure in Mauritius!
It is a unique whales activity done on a speed boat.
Advantages of the Exclusive trip
- Enjoy an exclusive private trip for only you and your partners (up to 8 passengers!)
- Enjoy a private whale watching trip
- Enjoy a fully customized cruise course according to your wishes
- You set the schedule and decide when to take a break, when to end the whale watching and when to stop the boat for snorkeling
- Receive personal care and guidance from the boat's staff
The whale watching trip is a unique opportunity to explore the spectacular lives of these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
Encountering whales, is an incredibly moving experiences.
It will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes and wonderful animals.
Whale watching is an outing in which you will go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have will depend a lot on weather and sea conditions. If the sea is rough, it will be more difficult to see the whales.
When you see the whales, the sight is unbelievable. Everyone has their own way of describing this incredible sight. Sometimes instead of the usual outbursts, it is the deafening silence of being lost for words as you hear the enormous humpback whale take one last breath before a dive.
Once you get on board the speed boat, and before the boat heads to its destination in the deep sea, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have.
The briefing will also include such aspects as
- Types of whales which you will encounter
- Whales habits
- Guidelines for successful whale watching
- Security measures on the boat
The Whale Watching offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum age requirement: 7 years and above
- The max capacity of the boat is of 8 passengers
- Note: there is a guarantee of 60% that you will see the whales
- This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the whales in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the whales sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the whales and more time will be spent on the journey there and back
- This trips departs from the West Coast from the area of Tamarin.
- Upon request we can arrange your transport from and back to your hotel
- Note: clients with limited mobility need to specify their weight
- Note: Complimentary transport will be offered to participants residing in Tamarin, La Preneuse and Black River.
A little information about Whales in Mauritius
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous whale in Mauritius.
The Sperm Whale is the largest species of toothed whale, with adult growing to be about 15-18 meters (50-60 feet) long, and weighing about 45-70 tonnes. The body of sperm whales is robustly proportioned, with paddled-shaped flippers. The lower jaw is always relatively small and thin relative to the upper jaw. The Sperm Whale dives to great depths to find food, and it eats squid, fish, and even sharks.
For the Exclusive Whale Watching (up to 8 passengers): 450 Euro
Price per Participant (Breakfast, Snorkelling): 6 Euro
Important Details to Submit
In order to process your booking, client MUST provide the following details at the comment box during the order process:
- Name of each participant as per the passports