Full Day Quad Bike Discovery Tour in the South
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||10:00 - 15:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Full Day Quad Bike Discovery Tour in the South Trip
Specially designed for thrill-seekers and nature lovers, this exciting quad biking trip takes you through the unspoilt southern region of Mauritius, helping you explore its hidden gems in a fun way.
As part of the trip, you will explore large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way and provide you with interesting information on the spectacular surroundings, including the iconic sites of the South of Mauritius.
As part of this package, you have the choice of either discovering the endemic flora and fauna of the island, as well as exotic wildlife at the Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park or visiting the century-old estate and discovering how local rum is made at the distillery of St Aubin House.
For lunch, you will head to the l’Exil lodges to enjoy a traditional 3- course local meal along with a Rum Tasting session.
About the Full Day Quad Bike Trip in the South of Mauritius
You will ride along the Savanne River, and discover key sites like the Gris Gris cliffs, La Roche qui Pleure and Terracine, that provide magnificent panoramic nature views. You will also have the chance of stopping at the Rochester Falls, located in an isolated wild forested area. The breathtaking scenery, cascading waterfalls, pools of clear water, and luxuriant greeneries surrounding the region, make it a wonderful site for you to explore before heading for lunch.
A 3-course Mauritian lunch will be served at the L’Exil Lodges- a cosy and rustic-styled sanctuary, designed to offer you the best of what nature has to offer. Located in the heart of an indigenous forest, you will get a taste of the local cuisine whilst also admiring the scenic views.
After lunch you can opt between visiting Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park and Nature Reserve or the Saint Aubin house.
Encounter various species of animals, reptiles and plants set in a beautiful rain forested valley. The Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park and Nature Reserve is a reserve that shelters hundreds of Nile crocodiles and giant Aldabra tortoises along with monkeys, deer and other animals. The park also boasts of a rare collection of butterflies and other brightly coloured insects (about 23 000 species), which is one of the most fascinating collections in the world.
Or explore the an important site of Mauritian Heritage, the Saint Aubin house. Built in 1819, the estate grows sugarcane, which is then processed to make sugar as well as rum. You may witness the manufacturing process during your visit to the distillery, as well as sample on some local rum. You will also discover the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid: from the flower to the aromatic pod.
Your trip will end back at the meeting point, passing through the Senneville Bridge.
This Full Day Quad Biking Trip in the South of Mauritius includes:
- Full day quad-biking activity on a single/double quad
- Safety briefing and instructions
- Scenic ride along the southern coasts, fields and forests
- Visit to iconic sites such as La Roche qui Pleure and Rochester Falls
- Visit to Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park OR the Saint Aubin house
- 3-course Local Lunch (Menu changes daily)
- Experienced guides by your side during the duration of the trip
- Equipment provided: helmets, masks
Itinerary of the Full Day Quad Bike Trip
- Savanne River
- Gris-Gris Cliffs
- La Roche qui Pleure (The Crying Rock)
- Rochester Falls
- Union Forest
- Léon Falls
- Swim break at a private waterfall
- Visit to either Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park or St Aubin House
- Senneville Bridge
- Back to Meeting Point
About the Quad Bikes
As part of this package, you will ride a 500cc Quad Bike.
For a thrilling, high-speed adventure, opt for the 500cc Quad Bike, which is perfect for more experienced riders. Equipped with automatic speed and power steering, this quad is ideal for muddy tracks, mountainous terrains and crossing rivers.
- Single Quad: Kymco MXU 500 OR
- Double Quad: CF-Moto 450L or Kymco MXU 500
- No. of Quads: 8 quads
About the Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park and Nature Reserve
The Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park is home to various species of animals, reptiles and plants. Set in a beautiful rainforested valley with natural freshwater springs, full of prawns and fish, the park covers an area of five hectares.
During your exploration of the maze-like jungle you will come across a variety of different compounds encompassing Nile crocodiles of different ages and sizes. If you are lucky enough to be there at the feeding time, you can see the large reptiles being fed from a rope or even get to feed the tortoises.
You can find most of the Mauritian mammals and reptiles including skinks, phelsumas (geckos), giant tortoises, turtles, bats, deer, mongooses, monkeys, pigs, as well as domestic livestock such as goats, fat-tailed sheep and donkeys. A must see in the park is a rare collection of butterflies and other brightly-colored insects (with about 23 000 species), which is one of the most fascinating in the world.
About the Saint Aubin House
Built in 1819 and previously a home to several estate managers, the Saint Aubin House was renovated in the 1990's in order to preserve a part of the Mauritian heritage.Today one may still see the beams and ship poles used in its original construction.
Visiting the Saint Aubin house is the third stop in taking the Mauritian Tea Route (the first stop is the Domaine des Aubineaux and the second stop is Bois Cheri).
The estate is primarily known for its agricultural rum, Saint Aubin 1819 as well as other products. Made from fangourin (cane juice) and aged in oak barrels, this rum is available in various flavours - spices, coffee, vanilla or traditional white rum. You will be able to witness the preparation of this traditional rum, from the first agricultural distillery of the island.
You will also get to visit the vanilla plantations and learn about the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid from the flower to the aromatic pod.
- Location: South
- Meeting Point: Union Ducray, Rivière des Anguilles
- Operating days: All Days
- Duration: 5 hours
- Activity Time: 10h00
- Distance: 35 km
- What to bring: suitable footwear (sports shoes or trainers only), spare clothes, sunglasses, sunscreen and mosquito repellent. Long trousers and long-sleeved tops are recommended.
- Maximum no. of participants: 16 (depending on availability)
- Children between ages of 12 - 16 years old can drive the double quad and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children above the age of 6 can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike.
- Children as from 16 years old can drive the single quad upon their parent’s authorization
Minimum height: 1m50
Health and Safety Restrictions
- The quad bike tour is strictly forbidden for pregnant women.
- No one under, or suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, will be allowed to take part in the ride.
- All participants will be required to sign a disclaimer form prior to the activity.
- Required 48 hours in advance by phone and is subject to availability
- This excursion/itinerary depends solely on climatic conditions. An alternate route or date will be proposed should the weather be unfavourable.
- You are advised to arrive 15 minutes before your allocated start time. The start and finish times are fixed. The ride will still end at the allocated time, even if you arrived late.
- If one or more members of the group are late, it will not be possible to incorporate them into the group after the briefing has started.
- Proof of age will be requested if the instructor suspects that a participant is under age.
- Single Quad + Visit to Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park / Saint Aubin House: 140 Euros (1 participant)
- Double Quad + Visit to Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park / Saint Aubin House: 240 Euros (2 participants)
Wonderful guide, truly made this the best experience ! Welcoming and extremely friendly