Gastronomic 3-Course Dinner at Heritage le Château
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Activity Time||19:00 - 22:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Drinks not included|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Gastronomic Dinner Package at Heritage Le Château
Embark on a wonderful journey through time at Heritage Le Château, an enchanting, former sugar plantation-style house built in the 19th century.
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy a gastronomic 3-course dinner featuring a wide-ranging selection of gourmet delights, from a menu specially conceived by the Michelin-starred chef, David Toutain.
About Heritage Le Château Restaurant:
The ground floor reveals the Chefs dining room where gastronomic meals are served. The tableware from Maison Christofle is an artistic table icon- a true castle life. This room, separated by a carved folding screen, opens to the living room. When you go in, your glance inevitably falls on the ceiling ornamented by magnificent rosettes and crystal chandeliers.
The décor, service, and personnel are as sophisticated as the flavours presented on the plate. The dinner menu reinvents classic Mauritian dishes that are delightfully highlighted by local components such as jackfruit, hibiscus flowers, papaya chutney and more.
As for the art of table-setting, six tables are set up in the first sitting area and the Chef’s dining room welcoming up to twelve seats for an authentic Mauritian meal along with a selection of exclusive wines sourced from the world's top vineyards. Let the Maitre d’O welcome you on the veranda and extend your evening in the lounge and piano-bar.
The Gastronomic 3-Course Dinner Menu:
(to be ordered at the restaurant)
Selection of Starters
- The cherry tomato fine tartlets - Roasted cherry tomato| Smoked paprika | Thyme | Tomato | Strawberry sorbet | Orange blossom
- Potato capuccino - Beef cheeks confit | Potato capuccino | Cacao powder
- Crab tartare - Crab tartare flavored with combava | Apple | Soft Galantine | Apple | Cucumber cider | Capers powder
- Octopus vindaye - Chargrilled octopus | Vindaye mayonnaise | Celery
- Smoked marlin raviolis - Smoked marlin in clear broth | Dashi | Basil oil
- Poached king prawn with vadouvan spice - Poached king prawn | combava | Green melon | Burnt apple mayonnaise | Cranberry | Hibiscus | Basil vinegar | Basil seeds | Coriander oil
- Quinoa with garden vegetable | Pickle cauliflower | Truffle (N) - Quinoa | Cauliflower pickle | Roast butternut pumpkin | Honey | Almond crumble | Ricotta cheese | Garden herbs | Truffle
- Foie gras ballotine - Guava chutney| Toast brioche | Takamaka wine | Lychee jelly
- Palm heart from the Domaine and caviar of Madagascar - Palm heart mille-feuille | ‘’L’Estugeon Sibérien Baeri’’ Caviar
Selection of Mains
- Seabass Fish fillet - Seabass Fish | Crab raviolis | Cauliflower | Vanilla puree | Parsley oil | White butter
- Dorado fillet in shellfish ‘’barigoule’’ - Slow cooked Sea bream fillet | Zucchini scales | Shell ‘’Barigoule’’ from our lagoon | Potato | Celery
- ‘’Gueule pavé’’ curry, combava and spinach - Pan seared ‘’gueule pavé’’ spinach | Combava cream | Fresh herbs
- Blue Lobster - ‘’Spaghetti box’’ | Blue lobster ragout | Salicornia
From the Garden
- Pumpkin texture - Smooth pumpkin espuma | Roasted butternut | Nut (N)
From the Land
- Wild boar loin from ‘’Bel Ombre’’ (P) - Wild boar loin | Praline choux | Celery puree | Smoked pear | Salted butter caramel
- Grain fed yellow chicken from ‘’Mont Choisy’’ - Chicken cooked under skin | Tarragon Butter | Sweet corn | Garden vegetables | Albufera emulsion | Blossom | Spicy popcorn
- Angus grass fed fillet & roots vegetables texture - Chargrilled Angus Beef | Roasted potato foam | Potato fondant | Crispy taro | Sweet potato mousseline | Beef jus
- Welsh Lamb - Lamb | Peas mousseline| Fava bean ragout | Pastilla | Creamy polenta | Glazed shallot with Cranberry wine jus
- Duck breast slow roasted - Honey Duck breast | Confit duck leg samossa | Glazed turnip and radish | Mandarin jelly | Jus
- Cheese - Fromage - Cheese slate | crackers (N)
Selection of Desserts
- Apple tarte tatin (N) - ‘’Tarte tatin’’ style with Granny smith’s apple Almond cream | Toasted coconut ice cream
- Shortbread with coriander beans (N) - Shortbread with coriander beans | Cassava cream with saffron | Mango
- Banana-chocolate - Chocolate mousse | Banana compote David Toutain Signature dish
- Pink Grapefruit | Aged rum sabayon - Fresh grapefruit with aged rhum sabayon | Cracker
- Roast Pineapple with vanilla (N) - Roast pineapple with vanilla | Lemongrass | Spice bread cracker| Tonka ice cream
- Coconut, white chocolat | Green lemon (N) - Chocolate crumble | Coconut sorbet | Praline | Green lemon confiture
- Lactic chocolate | Pistachio-hazelnut (N) - Chocolate | Hazelnut | Pistachio sponge cake
N: Contains Nut/ P: Pork
About Heritage Le Château:
The enchanting château stands imperially in its distinguished grandeur, amid French formal gardens, embarking travellers on a magical journey through time. The Château has been masterfully reimagined to faithfully restore it to its former Anglo-Indian glory and personifies an eclectic revival of timeless ideals.
The Anglo-Indian colonial style mansion dates back to the 19th century when it presided over one of the oldest sugar plantation estates in south Mauritius. The château is now bordered by hills and a national park.
A treasure in Bel Ombre, the colonial one-storey house has French windows which characterises the period. It is a compulsory stop over while you are sightseeing in the South of the island.The building was built on 2500 hectares, composed of a vast natural reserve and sugarcane fields. It welcomes French gardens, where elegantly designed flower beds witness the tidy chaos of the growing plants. The stone central lane, adorned with fountains, recreate the grandiose atmosphere of the past.
The colonial residence, with its unique charm, is surrounded by a vast veranda where you can sit and admire the panorama of this part of the island.
- Note: Drinks are not included and are payable at the restaurant.
- Age restriction: Kids under 12 years old are not allowed.
- Dinner Time: 19h00 - 22h00
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance & subject to availability
- Price per person: 79 Euro