Mauritius South West Tour (Extended Private Tour)
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Included in price|
|Comment||As this is a private trip, we can customize the tour route and times as per your preferences|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Mauritius South West Tour (Extended Private Tour)
Enjoy a full day private tour in the South West of Mauritius, with stops at breathtaking unique sites and explore picturesque landscapes of the island throughout your journey. This day is about connecting yourself to nature, where your eyes will marvel at the sight of waterfalls, mountain valleys and panoramic views of the ocean’s horizon.
The South Western part of the island is renowned for its dense green scenery and beautiful rivers and waterfalls. It also features mountains and viewpoints from where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the coast and nature surrounding you. You will get to visit the most popular places of interest on the island all in a day. This is your rendez-vous with nature and your chance to have a memorable encounter with amazing animals in a setting that will make you think you are in the African Savannah.
As part of this tour you will enjoy:
- Full-day sightseeing tour of southwestern Mauritius
- Visit the No.1 Nature Park of the Island, Casela Nature Parks
- Discover the highest Shiva statue in the whole Indian Ocean region
- Discover the famous dormant volcano of Mauritius, Trou aux Cerfs
- Visit the popular seven colored earth and the Chamarel Falls, at Chamarel
- Drive by the largest reservoir of the island and through the Black River Gorges National Park, and stop to admire the views and the Alexandra falls
- Personalised Trip to and from your place of accommodation
- Delicious Lunch at Varangue Restaurant or Le Chamarel Restaurant
The South West Extended Tour includes:
- Visit of the Casela Nature Park
- Viewpoint of Morne Brabant and l'ile aux Bénitiers
- Chamarel village (including Chamarel waterfall and seven colored earth)
- Black River Gorge (viewpoint of Alexandra waterfalls)
- Mangal Mahadev - Shiva Statue
- Grand Bassin (the sacred lake and Hindu temple)
- Mare aux Vacoas
- Trou aux Cerfs (Mauritius famous crater)
- Transportation - Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- A personal driver
- Optional Lunch at Varangue Sur Morne or Le Chamarel Restaurant
Transport is included in this package and includes pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages).
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Your Hotel / Place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
|Duration:||The duration of the private tour is 10 hours|
|Departure time:||08:30 from your hotel / place of accommodation|
|Return time:||18:30 back to your hotel / place of accommodation|
- 08 :30 pick up from your place of accommodation
- 09 :15 - 10 :00 : arrival to Casela Nature Park (the exact arrival time depend on your place of accommodation)
- 13 :00 : departure from Casela Park
- 13 :30 - 14 :30 : Optional: Lunch at Varangue Sur Morne Restaurant or Le Chamarel Restaurant
- 14 :45 : Viewpoint of Morne Brabant and l'ile aux Bénitiers
- 15 :00 - 15 :45 : Chamarel village (including Chamarel waterfall and seven colored earth)
- 16 :15 - 16 :45 : Mangal Mahadev - Shiva Statue
- 16 :45 - 17 :15 : Grand Bassin (the sacred lake and Hindu temple)
- 17 :45 : Trou aux Cerfs (Mauritius famous crater)
- 18 :30 : drop off at your place of accommodation
About the Mauritius South West Tour (Extended Private Tour)
Visit to the Casela Nature Parks – World of Adventures.
About the Casela Nature Parks: Located beside the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius, the Mauritius Casela Nature Parks stays true to being a real nature and adventure park. Along with plenty of activities and attractions for all ages, that park also offers magnificent views of the countryside, rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
Entrance ticket includes:
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop.
- Visit Birds Paradise Park - Walk thru the aviary - Get ready to be fascinated when visiting the Bird Paradise. Walk through the bird aviary to discover various colorful bird species from all around the world.
- Animal viewing - Giraffe, camel, pygmy hippo, llama viewing - Among the many animals in the park, you will get to see giraffes and pygmy hippos for a unique viewing experience. Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen - Be sure to stop by the Petting farm and Tortoise pen, the ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- Access to Pangia Kid’s Park - The new Pangia Kid’s Park boasts a children’s playground that will offer fun to the young ones! Make sure to bring along the little ones to let them have their fair share of fun!
- Visit Predator Kingdom (Big Cats Kingdom) - For Big Cat lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Predator Kingdom to enjoy a close view of the big cats such as the roaring lions, the magnificent caracals and the majestic tigers.
- One Ride on the Tulawaka Gold Coaster - The perfect ride for thrill seekers, a unique summer luge running on a 760m track including a cable lift hill, vertiginous descents and bends while offering thrill-seekers an exciting ride with a breathtaking view of the west coast of Mauritius!
(All activities and attractions which are not included in this package are pay-as-you-go)
Additional Info about Casela Nature Parks
The park includes several thematic worlds, as well as a hub for discovery and learning.
- African Safari: Get a taste of Africa in Mauritius with a unique chance to encounter antelopes, white rhinos, zebras and ostriches. Immerse yourself in the wild in the company of Kudus, Impalas, Oryx, Nyalas, and Waterbucks, just to name a few. The African reserve is of extraordinary scenic beauty with the iconic Rempart Mountain serving as a backdrop. Casela Nature Parks offers several fun ways to get closer to animals of the African Safari: choose between our zebra bus or the safari Quad.
- Predator Kingdom: At the Predator Kingdom, Safari adventures brings you the best of the Big Cats experiences in Mauritius. This is a unique opportunity for visitors to have once in a lifetime experience. Big Cats encounters include: walking with lions, interaction with cheetah, caracal and serval, and the drive-thru to see tigers and lions in their natural habitat.
- Thrill Mountain: Thrill Mountain at Casela combines all the mountain and rope activities for thrill-seekers. Jump from a 40m platform into the canyon with the Canyon Swing, zip across breath-taking scenic valleys with plenty of Ziplines, walk on our spectacular Nepalese Bridge, and for the more adventurous: hiking and mountain climbing on the Via Ferrata.
- Birds & Rides: A range of rides, activities and attractions to suit all ages. The Tulawaka Gold Coaster for thrill seekers, slide on a Buoy into the air with a Toboggan Ride, awaken your senses with the 4D Cinema, and discover the most impressive bird species in Mauritius with the Aviary
- Pangia Kids Park: Pangia Kids Park is a brand new world, full of fun, located in the heart of Casela! Come and experience family time like never before with the Monkey Swing, the Dino Ride, the Mushroom Vortex, the Carousel and so many more! The kids will also become little chefs at the Wamwam restaurant.
Visit to Chamarel Waterfall and Chamarel seven colored earth. The village of Chamarel in southwest Mauritius is home to two natural wonders - the magnificent Chamarel waterfall and the seven colored earth of Chamarel. Both nature sites are popular among locals and tourists, making them must places to see when in Mauritius.
The Seven Colored earth
One of the most iconic places of interest Mauritius is renowned for - you cannot leave the island without visiting Chamarel 7 Coloured Earth.
Set in the middle of lush green vegetation, this unique geological curious happening is one of those amazing creations of nature that will mesmerise you. With distinct colours of red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow, the Geopark has 15 metres of highly coloured dunes - an almost surreal, lunar-like spectacle of rainbow-hued sand dunes before your eyes. The reserve is also home to giant tortoises, a few who are long term residents and are practically the friendliest giant tortoises you will ever meet. Your entrance tickets also allow you to get access to the coffee shop and the souvenir shop.
As part of the visit to Chamarel village, you will also have a great viewpoint of the gorgeous Chamarel waterfall. It is considered the most beautiful waterfall of Mauritius. Three distinct streams plunge down from almost 100 meters from the St. Denis River, down into the gorge. The sight of this impressive waterfall against the scenic forest and mountains is truly breathtaking.
Black River Gorges Nature Park and Alexandra Waterfalls
As part of this tour you will also drive through the Black River Gorges Nature Park, where you will see many endangered species of plants and animals. Along the way you will stop for a viewpoint of the Black River Gorges nature park and of Alexandra waterfalls.
Also known as Ganga Talao, Grand Bassin is a lake situated 6km SouthEast of Mare aux Vacoas in a secluded mountain area in the district of Savanne, deep in the heart of Mauritius. It is about 1800 feet (550m) above sea level. Grand Bassin with its Hindu temple is a holy lake for Mauritians of Hindu faith. The lake rests in the crater of an extinct volcano. It is said that the water inside the lake communicates with the waters of the holy Ganges of India. The Hindus of Mauritius declared the Grand Bassin as a Holy lake. The Hindu community performs a pilgrimage every year on the Maha Shivaratri (Shiva’s Great Night), on this day they honor the Lord Shiva. Beside the lake there is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and other Gods including Hanuman, Lakshmi, and others.
Mangal Mahadev - Shiva Statue
Beside the Grand Bassin you will also get to see the statue of Lord Shiva. The statue is of 108 feet (33 meters) and is the highest known statue in Mauritius (and one of the 50 highest statues in the world). The sight of the Mangal Mahadev statue is quite impressive as it is a beautifully crafted, very big statue.
Trou aux Cerfs
Mauritius famous crater. From Floreal heading to Curepipe, you will stop on the way to visit the Trou aux Cerfs. This huge natural volcanic crater, 85m deep and 200m wide, was formed millions of years ago. Here you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the crater and the town of Curepipe, and when the sky is clear it is possible to see all the way to Reunion Island.
Mare aux Vacoas
From Trou aux Cerfs you will continue to the town of Curepipe, and then to the Mare aux Vacoas, the largest freshwater lake and reservoir of Mauritius. Mare aux Vacoas is found to the south of Curepipe and is considered one of the island's main water sources. Mare aux Vacoas, Dotted with casuarina and coniferous trees, offers a unique surrounding of an alpine wilderness.
- Recommended to wear long pants
- Sun block cream
- Sport Shoes
As part of this tour, you will have the option to feast on a delicious lunch and a unique dining experience at either the beautiful Varangue sur Morne restaurant or the picturesque Le Chamarel Restaurant.
Whichever restaurant you choose to dine in, the view of the south-west coast is unsurpassable in beauty as it stretches from dense forests to the shimmering turquoise and blues of the Indian Ocean.
Option One: Varangue sur Morne restaurant
Nestled high up in the Black River mountains is the Varangue sur Morne restaurant.
Varangue sur Morne has over the time, hosted important events and functions, with well-known personalities, such as Mrs Sonia Gandhi, Prince Edward, President Jacques Chirac, Robert de Niro, and important dignitaries / Heads of States.
The Varangue sur Morne restaurant will surely offer you a unique dining experience against a spectacular backdrop.
The Transportation prices are Per Vehicle (and not per person). You can choose the vehicle type according to the number of passengers in your group.
|Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people):||95 Euro|
|Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people):||105 Euro|
|Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 10 people):||125 Euro|
Entry Tickets Packages (includes entry tickets to all the sites as part of this tour):
|Price per Adult:||37 Euro|
|Price per Child (ages 4-12):||27 Euro|
|Price per Baby (ages 0-3):||Free of charge|
NOTE: This tour is under time limitation as per the times mentioned on this page / booking voucher, in case of additional hours beyond the agreed tour times, there will be an additional fee of 15 Euro (Rs 750) payable directly to the driver on the day of your tour.
The prices of the entry tickets packages are special discounted prices.
Total Tour Price Per Person for Private Transportation and Entry Tickets to all the sites:
|Number of Participants||Total Price||Price Per Person|
|2 Adults||169 Euro||85 Euro|
|4 Adults||243 Euro||61 Euro|
|6 Adults||327 Euro||55 Euro|
|10 Adults||495 Euro||50 Euro|
|2 Adults + 2 Children||223 Euro||56 Euro|
|Lunch Menu at Varangue Sur Morne Restaurant|
|Menu A:||24 Euro / person|
|Menu B:||32 Euro / person|
|Menu C:||38 Euro / person|
|Kid's Menu:||15 Euro / child|
|Lunch at Le chamarel Restaurant|
|Price per Adult||25 Euros|
|Kid's Menu:||14 Euros/ Child|
My taxi driver/guide is very knowledgeable about Mauritius and he takes great pride in doing his job. I enjoyed his company and this trip.
Our guide was excellent. Knew the history of the places, good grasp of English, very pleasant and accommodating. Will recommend him anytime