Avalon Golf Course
|Operating Hours||07:30 - 18:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Dress code - Players should wear complete golf apparel (shoes, socks, golf wear)|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Avalon Golf Course Overview
18-hole & 9-hole Golf Courses
Location: Bois Chéri, Savanne - South of Mauritius
Length: 6200 m
Course Designer: Peter Matkovich, 2015
About the Avalon Golf Course
The Avalon Golf Estate has both an 18-hole and a 9-hole international standard golf course, set in the heart of nature in Bois Chéri, Savanne. Peter Matkovich’s unique touch is characterised by lush green, all-season fairways, exceptional bunkering and an astute use of rivers and ravines. The championship tees (gold) measure 6318 metres, the Club tees (white) measure 5847 metres, the men’s tees (blue) 5499 metres and the ladies’ tees (red) 4899 metres.
The course is perhaps best known for its hole #4. The tee shot is played from a tee along an elevated ridgeline, across a ravine, to a fairway situated well below the tees. A breath-taking tee shot, but demanding nonetheless.
The layout of the course was designed with the South-East Trade Wind in mind. All par 3’s and par 5’s play in different directions, thus providing the golfer with varying conditions throughout the round.
The course is the only inland golf course on the island and is therefore accessible to all. The stunning landscape with colourful plants alongside the fairways makes the course feel like a beautiful garden. Due to its distinctive natural features, some call the Avalon Golf Club the Garden of Eden.
About the Avalon Golf Estate
The Country Club overlooking the magnificent golf course, offers a sweeping view of the Southern coastline and the beautiful panorama of the mountain range on the right.
It is the perfect place for golfers to freshen up after a round of golf, before sharing a well-earned drink at the bar or enjoying a relaxed meal at the unrivalled Magic Spoon restaurant.
Magic Spoon restaurant offers an exotic cuisine enthused by a perfect fusion of Creole and European flavours. An experienced Chef selects only the finest ingredients to produce an exquisite array of dishes for gourmet dining, as well as dinner buffets.
- Opening times: Daily from 7h30 to 18h00
- Tee Time: Earliest at 8h30 and latest at 13h00
- Customers are required to bring their own golf balls for games
- 50 golf balls are provided for practice
- Golf cart and GPS included
- Dress code - Players should wear golf apparel when playing at the Avalon golf course
- Please note that Junior green fees are for under 18-year old
- Please note that a min of 12 golfers are required for this trip
- 9-hole green fee per person: 79 Euros
- 18-hole green fee per person: 129 Euros
- Junior 9-hole green fee per person: 26 Euros
- Junior 18-hole green fee per person: 48 Euros