Diving Packages - Tamarin (West Coast)
|Operating Hours||08:30 - 16:00|
|Operating Days||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Dives are not restricted to one person. The dives can be shared with friends and family. Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates.|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Scuba Diving on the West Coast of Mauritius
Enjoy diving in the Indian Ocean as much as you want with this diving package including a selection of remarkable dive sites offered by MauritiusAttractions.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is home to some of the world's most breathtaking coral reefs and marine life ever to be seen. Filled with hundreds of bright-coloured fish, the underwater world of Mauritius can be deemed a natural wonder that no diver should not miss out on.
Both beginners and certified divers can be sure to have safe and enjoyable dives in the pleasant conditions that our tropical climate offers. Get ready for an exciting adventure and explore the amazing marine life that live in the Mauritian lagoon.
The diving centre is ideally situated at Tamarin bay; a short boat trip will get you to some of the island’s top dive sites, such as the very famous Cathedral dive site.
About Diving in Mauritius
Scuba divers in Mauritius are spoilt for choice of dive sites. There are numerous dive sites all over the island. Beginners can start at the shallow side of the ocean, whereas experienced divers can head straight for the more adventurous dive sites such as cliffs, caverns, reefs, pinnacles and wrecks.
Each dive becomes a unique experience when looking at colourful fish like the butterfly and soldierfish, large corals, majestic lion fish, giant lobsters, scorpion fish, stone fish, barracudas - and with a bit of luck you might even come across friendly dolphins or turtles.
Some divers say there is nothing like the freedom of movement and weightlessness experienced underwater. Being able to hear nothing but the sound of your own breathing while you observe the mesmerizing sea life around you has been said to change lives forever. This wondrous experience is heightened in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
Unlike the reefs in Seychelles and the Maldives, the coral reefs in Mauritius have not been bleached or affected by the warming of the ocean. The crystal-clear water, the abundance of fish life and colourful reefs provide magnificent backdrops for underwater filming and photography.
Mauritius, almost completely encircled by a barrier coral reef, is home to many sponges, sea anemones and a variety of colourful fish. These wonderful sea creatures and vegetation provide an incredible scenery for all divers.
The open sea dive will take place under the direct careful supervision of a PADI Professional, so you can freely enjoy your diving experience, without any worries.
Selection of Popular Diving Sites in Mauritius:
- Cathedral (depth: 17-30m)
- Tug II – Wreck (depth: 17-22m)
- Rempart Serpent (depth: 20-23m)
- St. Jacques (depth: 17-32m)
- Corps de Garde (depth: 28m)
- Couline Bambou (depth: 18-35m)
- Corail Bulles (depth: 19-22m)
- Castle (depth: 15-23m)
Note: Upon request it is also possible to arrange diving trips to other dive sites.
Diving Packages on the West Coast of Mauritius
- 5 Dives Package
- 10 Dives / 15 Dives / 20 Dives Package
Individual: 1 dive per day, per person over the course of 5 days
Group: You can also enjoy the dive as a group of 2 persons; e.g 1 person 2 dives and the other 3 dives
Individual: 10 / 15 / 20 dives per day, per person over the course of 10 / 15 / 20 days depending on the number of dives
Group: You can also enjoy the dive as a group of 2 persons or more; e.g for 10 dives a group of 2 persons enjoy 5 dives each.
- Dives are not restricted to one person.
- The dives can be shared with friends and family (ie. 10 dives split between 2 people, 5 sessions each or 10 dives for 10 people, 1 session each, etc)
Note: Dives are not restricted to one person. The dives can be shared with friends and family
- All divers will be required to fill in a medical and liability form.
- Divers must bring their log books and diving qualification certificates.
- All diving equipment is provided
- Dive Computer and Diving insurance is excluded.
- Non-divers accompanying the participant can enjoy free boat trips and snorkeling sessions (subject availability).
- You should be in a good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.
- The dives packages are only valid at the Diving Centre at Tamarin, on the West Coast.
- The activity is offered every day except on Sunday.
- 5 dives package: 55 Euro per dive per person
- 10 dives package: 54 Euro per dive per person
- 15 dives package: 53 Euro per dive per person
- 20 dives package: 49 Euro per dive per person