Padi Discover Diving - Initiation Dives - Grand Bay
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Activity Time||09:00 - 12:00|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||This is the ideal package for first time divers|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Resort course / Discover Scuba Diving
PADI Discover Diving – Initiation dives in Grand Bay's Diving center.
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater?
If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, the discover Scuba diving initiation dives will let you try and experience scuba diving and to see if you like it.
This is a great opportunity to discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves. This is your introduction to the amazing world of diving.
With Mauritius Attractions you can learn to dive in safe and controlled conditions under the direct supervision of qualified PADI instructors, with Mauritius’ friendliest and most professional PADI Dive Center located on the north coast of Mauritius in the the town of Grand Bay.
For your convenience the PADI experienced guides can provide the full training in French and English (it is also possible to arrange courses in other languages upon request -minimum number of participants is required).
During the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water or in a pool and will get a quick and easy introduction to the amazing underwater world.
A fun Once In A Lifetime Experience - There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to, but after a few minutes most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The fun part? It’s all about having fun while exploring a new world!
Receive Credit for your diving course – As part of this experience you will get to learn about the diving equipment, the basics of diving, and will also get to scuba dive in the open sea. This experience will count towards the PADI Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it.
What will You learn?
You will learn the basics of diving under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn to feel comfortable there
- Learn theoretical basics of diving
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you decide to take the next step (the Open Water Diver course)
This Experience consists of
- 1 hour pool session or shallow water session - where you get to know the experience of scuba diving and learn the basics of diving
- Boat trip to the open sea where you will experience the open sea dive
- 1 open sea dive with a maximum depth of 4 to 5m under direct supervision of the instructor
- All necessary equipment will be supplied by our diving center
- This experience will be registered with PADI international to gain credit for future diving course
- Full diving equipment is included
- You must be 10 years or older to take the Discover Scuba Diving Experience
- To learn more about the diving conditions in Mauritius check our Diving in Mauritius page
- You can also learn about the different diving courses available in Mauritius, the general structure of a diving course, and on the biggest diving organizations by checking our Diving Courses page
Price per Person for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience – Initiation dives: 85 Euro
Please note that
- The activity is accessible to anyone in good physical condition, not suffering from cardio vascular, hearing or respiratory problems.
- The diving trip is not suitable for pregnant women.