Visit & Tour To Domaine Des Aubineaux
|Operating Hours||09:00 - 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Babies and Toddlers below 5 years old, enter free.|
Contact Us+230 269 1000
Visiting the Domaine des Aubineaux is the first step to taking the Mauritian Tea Route.
You will visit the “Domaine des Aubineaux” and its gardens, a colonial house built in 1872, which has been converted into a museum dedicated to the history of Mauritian Tea.
A guide will walk you around during your visit, and will guide you on the history, stories and tales of the “Domaine des Aubineaux” and of the importance of tea production in Mauritius.
It is a trip that will take you back in time to the first days of Mauritius with its rich colonial history.
You will discover, amongst others, antique furniture dating back to “Compagnie des Indes” (17th century) and a great collection of photos of colonial houses which have been demolished. Also, you will find several displays explaining the important role that the tea industry played in the island throughout time.
While strolling in the “Camphor tree garden”, take a look at the diversity of exotic plants as well as of the trees of the endemic forest, and enjoy the beautiful sights of the tea plantation and of the breathtaking nature all around.
You will end your tour with a visit to the famous Tea room, enjoying the buffet while taking a break.
Your visit to the “Domaine des Aubineaux” includes
- A guide to walk you around
- Visit to the colonial mansion-museum built in 1872
- Photo exhibition of the 19th and 20th Century
- Stroll across the garden Le Parc Floral des Aubineaux
- Visit of La Maison des Essences
- A light buffet at the tea room (tea & scones)
The visit to the Domaine des Aubineaux takes 1 hour + tasting.
- Monday to Sunday (including public holidays) from 9:00 to 17:00
- Price per Adult: 9 Euro
- Price per Child (ages 5-12): 5 Euro
- Price per Baby (ages 0-4): Free of charge